Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hope: The Anchor of The Soul




This is a daily devotion that I recived today from Dr. Charles Stanley. I found this devotion to be an excellent theme to kick off the new year in 2011! The idea of HOPE! We all need more of it, and yet we all have hopes and dreams. We just need to learn how to have faith along with our hope, a concept I try to remind myself of daily.
As Christians we have a belief in the Lord that anchors our souls. Hebrews 6:13-20.
I am ashamed to say that I am often a worrier who needs to know exactly what is going to happen next in my life. This year I am going to make 2011 a year where I put all of my HOPE, FAITH and TRUST in our Heavenly Father! No controlling on my part. Whew what a relief to give that up. :)
This is my Goal and New Year's resolution for 2011, won't you join me!

"Hope is a healthy attitude. Anticipating good brings comfort to the mind and heart. In contrast, a state of hopelessness is a terrible condition in which to find oneself. It's overwhelming and depressing to think that what you're facing cannot be changed or resolved. For the person who has lost all hope, life looks like a long dark tunnel going nowhere.

Included in Proverbs is a verse that describes the result of this oppressive feeling: "Hope deferred makes the heart sick" (Prov. 13:12). Emotional, physical, and even mental illness haunt a person who feels trapped in a bleak situation. But I want to tell you, my friend, that as long as there is a God, no situation is hopeless. In Him, we have the promise of the second half of that proverb: "Desire fulfilled is a tree of life."

Believers have a hope that anchors their souls. Our relationship with Jesus Christ brings us close to the throne of heaven, where we can cast all our burdens before an omnipotent God. Moreover, we can cling to Him through whatever trials are facing us. Because of the Lord's great love, He provides strength for weary bodies, peace for anxious minds, and comfort for grieving hearts. In short, He lights that darkened tunnel and tenderly guides us through trying situations.
An anchor was a popular image in the ancient Mediterranean world. In an economy that depended on shipping, the anchor symbolized safety and steadiness. The writer of Hebrews used the word to remind believers that God has given a hope that holds firm in any storm. "
A Devotion By: Dr. Charles Stanley

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family