Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Baby Receiving/ Bath Blanket



Yesterday, I went fabric shopping at Joann Fabric and Craft Store. I had so much fun just wandering the store searching for fabric, buttons and patterns. I bought several Simplicity baby boy clothes patterns, five different fabrics, plus matching buttons! Needless to say, I will be a busy sewing bee this week! I have decided to try and get as much sewing for little Robert done now, before he makes his arrival. Last night the first thing I made as soon as I got home from Joann's was a baby receiving/bath blanket for our little sweetpea. I think it turned out just adorable! Most of all it was such a great experience to feel the little guy tumbling around while I was sewing.

I used a cute little monkey cartoon print fabric for one side of the blanket, and a robins egg blue terry cloth fabric for the opposite side. I then decided to use a blanket stich on a white satin blanket binding all around the outside edges of the blanet.









The fabric above and blanket satin binding




The back of the blanket







1 comment:

Summer said...

Love it!! Happy sewing!

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family