Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just A Thought!




This past week I have been driving Rich to work in the mornings over to the Pensacola base (which is about thirty minutes or so from our house). I really enjoy the morning conversation and ride out to base with him. I drop him off around 7:30 AM and have until noon to complete my errands for the day out in Pensacola.


The Pensacola base is just beautiful right along the beach. I love to park my car along the water, drink my Starbucks tea, and spend a little time taking in God's rich abundant beauty of his creation. This week I have decided to start reading out of the book of Proverbs. This is something Rich and I would do in high school each morning before class. There are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs, and never more than thirty one days in a month. Each day I am reading one chapter out of the book of Proverbs that corresponds with the date. Today's date is the thirty first, so I read Proverbs thirty one.


As I opened my Bible to begin reading Proverbs Chapter 31 I must admit I was convicted by the Proverbs 31 woman. She is an amazing wife, Mother and all around person. Although I have read these verses many times before, today all of the characteristics that make up this woman really stood out to me. It made me realize that whatever our age, career or location on this earth as women we can all learn from the Proverbs 31 woman.
Reading this chapter made me want to strive to try everyday to be a little more like the Proverbs 31 woman. As a military Marine wife it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of moving from one location to another, making new friends and reuniting with old ones at each duty station, being there for our husbands, and setting up home quickly. It was a nice reminder to me that with all this in mind we are nothing without the Lord, and we must base our foundation upon Him first.


I am thankful for the wisdom and example of The Proverbs 31 woman. When I began thinking about each of her qualities it reminded me of all of the women that I know in my life, and have known. How each of these women demonstrate in some way the qualities of The Proverbs 31 woman. I am blessed to have my Mother, the women in my family both present and past, my girlfriends both Military and non Military. I am thankful for each of the women who are in my life today and reminded of how valuable we are as women!


Just a thought for the day :)

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family