Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009 Everyone!







Hi everyone!
I have been trying to keep our blog updated with the events of this past year, and I am finally up to date after this post!
Rich and I hosted Thanksgiving this year at our home. We invited fourteen guests, but had a final head count of twelve. We had a fabulous time! I was in charge of making the 22 pound turkey, and man was he a BIG boy! Every year since I was a child I have named our turkey ( I know I know, odd right? What can I say I'm an only child!) Anyway, this year our turkeys name was dun, dun, dun drum roll please............. Peter Griffin (From The Family Guy)!!!!! Mainly because of his massive size!
However, every year I name the turkey because of the amount of time I spend with him while preparing him before hand. All of this takes place during a twelve hour brine process. This brining process produces a moist, sweet hint of fruit flavored turkey!!
I also made Paula Deen twice baked cheesy mashed potatoes, marshmallow sweet potato casserole. Cranberry/apple stuffing and lots more! My girlfriends were kind enough to bring other delicious plates like green bean casserole, ham, pumpkin and pecan pies, rolls the list goes on and on. Needless to say I was one stuffed and happy girl!!




No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family