Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.

.

.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dollar Store Diva


                                                                                            
Show of hands, how many of you know about your local dollar store? Well, I am a self-proclaimed "Dollar Store Diva". Actually, I can't take all the credit for my dollar store finds. My Mom is the true Dollar Store Queen,  perhaps I am the Princess. ;) My Mom has the best luck at the Dollar Store, she finds everything from holiday decor to the best floor and bathroom cleanser! I must admit, when I first thought about shopping at The Dollar Tree I had my reservations and a  moment of "pride", thinking; " I'm above shopping there", "what on earth could that store sell that I would possibly be interested in?".

Well, that was before . . .

                                                  
      
Our Dollar Store of choice is The Dollar Tree, however there are many dollar stores throughout the country such as; Family Dollar Store or The 99 Cents Store etc. . .
I am always amazed at the amount of money I save from one trip to The Dollar Tree. You will often find many of the same name brand product found at your local high end grocery stores for so much less!

Here are some of my Dollar Store finds this week . . .
Aren't these just the cutest little containers you have ever seen?
I found these 2 in a pack with a spoon for yep, you guessed it . . . a  DOLLAR!! I use them to store my homemade baby food and snacks for Robert.
                                 

 



Next, I found these adorable baby socks! I mentioned earlier in the week how often my little guy loses socks! At a dollar a pair, I can afford to have plenty on hand, or should I say foot! Punny, I know. Ha


Now don't laugh, but the dollar tree sells a lip gloss that I can't live without! It's simply my favorite gloss! This gloss is long lasting and comes in fabulous shades! Plus, it's a DOLLAR!!! Can't argue with that! :)


There is even an entire website dedicated to making crafts from items found at the dollar store! Check it out
Look at these adorable coasters made from scrabble pieces found at the dollar store.
How cute would these be at your next game night?


or what about this 2 ingredient Valentines Day Fudge! Made from frosting and white chocolate chips?
 All found at the dollar store!

Strawberry 2 Ingredient Fudge


Ingredients

1 (16 oz) can of strawberry frosting

1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips

How to Make

1.Prepare a 9x9 pan by spray lightly with cooking spray.

2.Over a double boiler, or in the microwave, melt your white chocolate chips.

3.When chips are melted, remove from heat and stir in your strawberry frosting, evenly.

4.Spread in your prepared pan and place in fridge to set for 30 minutes.

5.Cut into squares to serve.

Notes
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.

                                  

What's that I hear? It's the sound of money in your piggy bank!!! That's always music to my ears!!!
So why not check out your local Dollar Tree Store today, you might just be amazed at what deals you'll find! Oh the possibilities!!!!!
 
   Blessings,
 Sarah

6 comments:

Carol said...

Great post! I love Dollar Tree, too! Thank you for the link to dollar store crafts.

Smiles,
Carol

Jessica said...

I have to admit, I'm a closet Dollar Tree lover! I guess I should just own it! Great post...I love hearing about great deals. And thanks for sharing that website! I'm definitely gonna have to check it out :-)

wenbrunner@gmail.com said...

I'm inspired. Heading to the Dollar store TOMORROW!

Susan Stilwell said...

Hi Sarah! I LOVE your blog! I have a daughter named Sarah and she's dating a 2nd Lt in the Army! AND she loves the Dollar Tree! Can't wait to send her your link :)

Thanks for linking up at WLW. Blessings to you and your sweet family!!
Hugs from VA,
Susan

ASHTON said...

If you are ever stationed in HI be warned that there is NO dollar store! (or chick fil a or chipotle)
I sure miss it! I used to get spray bottles there to make homemade cleaners with. I also loved to stock up on cute gift bags and wrapping paper.

Anonymous said...

Love your post!!!